Sunday, July 11, 2010

Nakama @ West Lafayette

We joined them for the usual Friday night dinner after a long period of absence as YH was very busy. We went to Nakama, a Japaneses restaurant, for dinner...

It was a rather small restaurant and there was only 1 server and 1 chef. There were 10 of us and the server told us that he would not be able to split our bill into individual checks and can only split into 2 checks. Then he also told us that if we were to order from the Ala Carte items and not the BBQ, we would have to wait 45 mins for our food as they only had 1 chef. Hmmm... Nevertheless, none of us ordered their BBQ...

The entrees came with miso soup and a choice of house salad or kimchi. I had the house salad and YH had the kimchi...
 

I ordered Katsu Don but to my disappointment it was not entirely what I expected... The usual egg and onions were missing and it did not have the usual sweet dashi sauce too... =( Did not really like the sauce that came with it as it was a little sour and I think too much of it was poured over the pork and rice. Would have preferred it as a dipping sauce instead...

YH had the mixed tempura which looked really nice. It was not bad but we felt that it was not crispy enough...

0 comments:

Post a Comment