Thursday, December 18, 2008

KFC @ West Lafayette

Today is YH first and last day of exam. I was to meet him at PMU after his exam and he will bring me to Payless by bus. Hence, we had lunch @ Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) near Payless. He had told me that the KFC here has a buffet option so he wanted to bring me to try it... Interesting as we do not have this back in SG! And the price for the buffet is not expensive too. Its good for big eaters but as for me I think I can skip the buffet the next time I visit KFC.


The buffet counter in the background... It has the usual menu items and others that are not available on the ala carte menu. There are salad, meat and dessert...


Our 1st round... Left plate: Pasta salad, mashed potato with brown gravy (there's a white gravy too), left piece of meat is beef and on the right I think is liver. I took it unknowingly and when I took a bite, I immediately knew it is something I do not eat. Yucks!! I was surprised that they served this in KFC here! Right plate: Broccoli and the normal chicken pieces...


Us before we started eating...


After lunch we went grocery shopping at Payless. It was the first time I went grocery shopping without a car. Very thankful to the Singaporean friends I made here that brought me grocery shopping with them in their car. =) I kept asking him if we are able to carry those stuff back and he kept saying no problem... Hmmm....

After paying, we went to wait for the bus in the cold... Should have taken a photo of the place we waited for the bus, there was no shelter or seats, unlike the bus stops in SG. So we just place our bags on the floor and waited... Cold cold cold...

When we alighted the bus, it was a long walk home... OK maybe I will think it is long if i need not carry the shopping bags.. As it was cold and I did not wear my gloves, I felt that the plastic bags were cutting into my hand and it was painful... Though I did not carry many bags but I guess the cold added on to my misery. I requested for a rest and in the end, hubby just carried all the bags! Impressed!! Asked him if he needed my help but he said no need.. Guess that's the problem without a car here during winter. =( It is difficult to go grocery shopping....

0 comments:

Post a Comment