Thursday, August 26, 2010

2010 Chicago Trip - Day 2 - Cycling along Chicago Lakefront Trail

We woke up early on this day as we needed to reach Millennium Park in time for our tour. This is the view from our hotel room...

Then, we went down for a light and quick breakfast at the lobby area. The breakfast spread was nothing spectacular but decent. You can pay and order extra stuff like eggs if you want. Cannot complain much since it was complimentary. =p We both had some cereal and tea...
 

We were stuck in a jam for quite some time and only reached Millennium Park just in time for the bike tour at 10am. With the road construction going on, the morning traffic is really quite terrible in Chicago during weekdays! Anyway, we signed up for a 3 hours bike tour. We would cycle along the Lakefront Trail, from Millennium Park till Lincoln Park and back. This is the place where we started...
Us on our bikes...
 
Walkway leading into Millennium Park...

We stopped outside Navy Pier and our guide told us a little about it...
 
Had to stop again a little earlier as our guide spotted the difficulty I had handling my bike and went to get a shorter one for me at their Navy Pier branch. Not my fault as I had told the person who handed out bikes to us that mine was a little too high but she insisted that I would be fine with it and I may get cramps if I cycled a shorter one. Anyway the new bike was much better. However, I wasn't having an easy time cycling as I felt it hard to dodge the human traffic plus I am not comfortable with turns. Seems like I had a easier time cycling at East Coast. =p
 

Next, we stopped at Ohio Street Beach and had a nice view of Chicago skyline! =)
 

We also stopped at Lincoln Park and this is a statue of Abraham Lincoln...

Some nice views while in Lincoln Park...

 
We stopped here and had some free time to visit the Lincoln Park Zoo and Conservatory...
 

The entrance to the Lincoln Park Zoo... No bikes are allowed so we left our bikes outside with our guide...
Some animals we saw - Eastern Black Rhinoceros and European White Stork
 
Lion and Black Rhinoceros
 

Lincoln Park Conservatory which was not very big...

 

Another nice view was at the North Pond...

We made a stop at the Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool which was really pretty! We took a quick walk through it...
 
 
 

A place we stopped on our way back was at North Avenue Beach, where you could see the Chicago skyline...
Us with the skyline at background...

Later on we cycled all the way back to Millennium Park and I really had a hard time. I was really tired and my legs just had no energy to cycle. =p We finally reached Millennium Park and YH was still energetic whereas I was exhausted! Just wanted to sit down and rest but there was no place to... =(
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment